JH327A HPE 1420-5G 5 port Gigabit Switch
The HPE 1420 Switch Series consists of unmanaged Gigabit Ethernet switches for small businesses and others looking for plug-and-play basic Layer 2 connectivity for their network, including low-cost PoE+ and 10GbE uplink models. The HPE 1420 Switch Series has four models: 16-port 10/100/1000, 24-port 10/100/1000 with two SFP Gigabit ports, 24-port 10/100/1000 ports of which 12 are PoE+ enabled (124 W PoE budget), and 24-port 10/100/1000 with two SFP+ 10GbE ports.
High-performance GbE Layer 2 Switching, Cost-effective and Easy to Deploy
- The HPE 1420 Switch Series offers small businesses and others Layer 2 Gigabit Ethernet switching with unmanaged affordability and plug-and-play simplicity.
- Gigabit Ethernet is the most recommended and deployed networking technology today, delivering 10 times more performance than Fast Ethernet.
- Unmanaged switches are the most economical offerings, ideal for locations needing only basic Layer 2 switching in a flat single tier network.
Model Choices to Meet Most Design Needs for Basic Layer 2 Networking
- The HPE 1420 Switch Series has four models to choose from, all with Gigabit performance but offering different uplink options. Consider the 16-port model for locations needing fewer connections and one of the 24-port models where more connectivity is required.
- The 1420-24G-2SFP model with SFP uplinks is ideal where Gigabit fiber is required, while the 1420-24G-2SFP+ 10G Uplink model with SFP+ uplinks is available where 10GbE is needed now or in the future.
- Anticipate the installation of IP voice, wireless Access points, or video surveillance cameras by deploying Power over Ethernet (PoE). Choose the PoE+ model for highly cost-effective PoE deployments.
- All 1420 Switch Series models are fanless for silent operation, usable in office settings around workers. Units have internal power supplies with power-cord plug-in simplicity.
- Units can be deployed for desktop operation or can be rack mounted.
Automated Features for Hands-off Operation
- All HPE 1420 Switch Series models are plug-and-play with zero configuration and no required ongoing administration.
- The switch series has the company's only unmanaged PoE model, with fully automated support for powering compatible IP phones, video surveillance cameras or wireless Access Points.
- The HPE 1420-24G-2SFP+ 10G Uplink Switch requires no configuration beyond installation of optional 10GbE transceivers to achieve 10GbE speeds. Alternatively, use today with Gigabit SFP transceivers if higher performance is merely a future requirement.
- IEEE 802.1p prioritization and other QoS features automate the preferred handling of high priority traffic, including Differentiated Services Code Point (DSCP) set priorities.
- The 1420 Switch Series supports Jumbo packets to improve the performance of large data transfers.
Cost-effective Ownership for Now and into the Future
- The HPE 1420 Switch Series offers a cost-effective upgrade path to next-generation 10GbE networks to reduce performance bottlenecks when connecting to storage and servers.
- The switch series includes PoE+ options to power IP devices without the cost of additional cabling for power.
- Green features include energy-efficient Ethernet IEEE 802.3az, auto-power down mode on idle ports, and power savings on short distance cables for low power consumption.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty.
Not found what you wanted?
Flux IT hardware can help you find the right product quickly and easily. Tell us what you wanted?
Need project equipment purchase pricing or you have multiple items to buy, submit your RFQ.
Why buy from us?
Flux is the future of IT procurement:
- Huge stock of current and EOL products available to ship today
- Fully tested with a choice of warranties available for peace of mind purchasing
- Trade you old equipment for new
- Located close to central London for same day emergency deliveries
- Choice of warranties to meet your requirements
- Short lead time and worldwide deliveries
Looking to Sell a JH327A?
Flux IT Hardware offers IT Asset Disposition services designed to assist consumers and organizations alike, who are looking to sell their equipment.
- Get a fair market value offer.
- Fast payments via BACS.
- Single or multiple quantities.
See how simple it is:
Looking to buy JH327A in larger quantity?
Simply tells us how many units are required. We’ll you get the best pricing and lead time for 5 or more units of JH327A from our established UK and European network of suppliers.
Project Inquiry & Support
- Get a quote fast
- Project based price savings
- Professional service