J9979A HPE 1820-8G 8 Port Smart Managed Gigabit Switch
The HP 1820 Switch Series offers more choice and flexibility for smaller organizations that require ease of use and lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), while delivering better network performance. They are smart-managed, fixed configuration, Gigabit Ethernet Layer 2 switches in an easy-to-administer solution that have the latest energy-saving capabilities.
These switches are plug-and-play out of the box, where network operation can be fine-tuned through features available from a simple Web browser-based GUI, when needed.
Easy-to-Use, Simple to Deploy and Manage
- The HP 1820 Switch Series features an intuitive Web management interface with an enhanced navigation pane for easy management of devices by non-technical users. The HP 1820 Switch Series is ideal for organizations that require simplicity.
- The series gives you flexibility and choice with a complete portfolio. You get six rack-mountable models including three non-Power over Ethernet (PoE) models. Some models include SFP ports for fiber connectivity.
- Customizable features include VLANs, Spanning Tree, Link aggregation trunking, and IGMP Snooping. All models include Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP) and DSCP QoS policies.
- These switches support flexible installation options, including mounting on walls, under tables or on desk tops.
- Some models are of a fan-less design, making them quiet for office deployments.
Energy Efficiency and Lower TCO
- The HP 1820 Switch Series include the latest energy-savings capabilities, including Energy Efficient Ethernet (IEEE), idle-port power down and PoE Port Scheduler.
- The 8-port Gigabit Ethernet model can be powered by an upstream PoE switch for environments where no line power is available.
- All switches are covered by a Limited Lifetime Warranty 2.0 with limited 24x7 telephone support for the first three years.
Quality of Service (QoS)
- The HP 1820 Switch Series traffic prioritization provides time sensitive packets (like VoIP and video) with priority over other traffic based on DSCP or IEEE 802.1p classification. Packets are mapped to eight hardware queues for more effective throughput.
- Broadcast control allows limiting of broadcast traffic rate, to reduce unwanted network broadcast traffic.
- IEEE 802.11p/Q delivers data to devices based on the priority and type of traffic.
|Energy Star certified
|Quality of Service (QoS) support
|Basic switching RJ-45 Ethernet ports quantity
|Basic switching RJ-45 Ethernet ports type
|Gigabit Ethernet (10/100/1000)
|IEEE 802.3,IEEE 802.3ab,IEEE 802.3u
|Copper ethernet cabling technology
|Flow control support
|Spanning tree protocol
|Latency (10-100 Mbps)
|MAC address table
|Latency (1 Gbps)
|Jumbo frames support
|Packet buffer memory
|AC input voltage
|100 - 240 V
|AC input frequency
|50 - 60 Hz
|Power consumption (typical)
|Power over Ethernet (PoE)
|Operating temperature (T-T)
|0 - 40 °C
|Storage temperature (T-T)
|-40 - 70 °C
|Operating relative humidity (H-H)
|15 - 95%
|Storage relative humidity (H-H)
|15 - 95%
Not found what you wanted?
Flux IT hardware can help you find the right product quickly and easily. Tell us what you wanted?
Need project equipment purchase pricing or you have multiple items to buy, submit your RFQ.
Why buy from us?
Flux is the future of IT procurement:
- Huge stock of current and EOL products available to ship today
- Fully tested with a choice of warranties available for peace of mind purchasing
- Trade you old equipment for new
- Located close to central London for same day emergency deliveries
- Choice of warranties to meet your requirements
- Short lead time and worldwide deliveries
Looking to Sell a J9979A?
Flux IT Hardware offers IT Asset Disposition services designed to assist consumers and organizations alike, who are looking to sell their equipment.
- Get a fair market value offer.
- Fast payments via BACS.
- Single or multiple quantities.
See how simple it is:
Looking to buy J9979A in larger quantity?
Simply tells us how many units are required. We’ll you get the best pricing and lead time for 5 or more units of J9979A from our established UK and European network of suppliers.
Project Inquiry & Support
- Get a quote fast
- Project based price savings
- Professional service