Cisco® 2900 Series Integrated Services Routers build on 25 years of Cisco innovation and product leadership. The new platforms are architected to enable the next phase of branch-office evolution, providing rich media collaboration and virtualization to the branch while maximizing operational cost savings The Integrated Services Routers Generation 2 platforms are future-enabled with multi-core CPUs, support for high capacity DSPs (Digital Signal Processors) for future enhanced video capabilities, high powered service modules with improved availability, Gigabit Ethernet switching with enhanced POE, and new energy monitoring and control capabilities while enhancing overall system performance. Additionally, a new Cisco IOS® Software Universal image and Services Ready Engine module enable you to decouple the deployment of hardware and software, providing a flexible technology foundation which can quickly adapt to evolving network requirements. Overall, the Cisco 2900 Series offer unparalleled total cost of ownership savings and network agility through the intelligent integration of market leading security, unified communications, wireless, and application services.
Cisco 2900 Series builds on the best-in-class offering of the existing Cisco 2800 Series Integrated Services Routers by offering four platforms (Figure 1): the Cisco 2901, 2911, 2921, and 2951 Integrated Services Routers.
All Cisco 2900 Series Integrated Services Routers offer embedded hardware encryption acceleration, voice- and video-capable digital signal processor (DSP) slots, optional firewall, intrusion prevention, call processing, voicemail, and application services. In addition, the platforms support the industries widest range of wired and wireless connectivity options such as T1/E1, T3/E3, xDSL, copper and fiber GE.
The Cisco 2901 Integrated Services Router (ISR) delivers highly secure data, voice, video, and application services for small offices. Key features include:
- 2 integrated 10/100/1000 Ethernet ports
- 4 enhanced high-speed WAN interface card slots
- 2 onboard digital signal processor (DSP) slots
- 1 onboard Internal Service Module for application services
- Fully integrated power distribution to modules supporting 802.3af Power over Ethernet (PoE) and Cisco Enhanced PoE
- Embedded hardware-accelerated VPN encryption for secure collaborative VPN communications
- Integrated threat control using Cisco IOS Firewall, Cisco IOS Zone-Based Firewall, Cisco IOS IPS, and Cisco IOS Content Filtering
- Identity management that uses authentication, authorization, and accounting (AAA) and public key infrastructure
- High-density-packet voice DSP module, optimized for voice and video
- Standards-certified VoiceXML browser services
- Cisco Unified Border Element capabilities
- Cisco Unity Express voicemail support
- Support for Cisco Communications Manager Express and Survivable Remote Site Telephony
|Colour of product||Black,Silver|
|Networking standards||IEEE 802.1Q,IEEE 802.1ag,IEEE 802.3,IEEE 802.3ab,IEEE 802.3ah,IEEE 802.3u|
|Ethernet interface type||Gigabit Ethernet|
|Ethernet LAN data rates||10,100,1000 Mbit/s|
|Quality of Service (QoS) support||Yes|
|Ethernet LAN (RJ-45) ports quantity||2|
|USB ports quantity||2|
|Supported protocols||IPv4, IPv6, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, IS-IS, IGMPv3, PIM SM, PIM SSM, DDVMRP, IPSec, GRE, BVD, IPv4-to-IPv6 Multicast, MPLS, L2TPv3, 802.1ag, 802.3ah, L2/L3 VPN|
|Expansion module support||Yes|
|Compatible memory cards||CF|
|Flash memory||256 MB|
|Internal memory||512 MB|
|Safety||UL 60950-1, CAN/CSA C22.2 No. 60950-1, EN 60950-1, AS/NZS 60950-1, IEC 60950-1|
|Certification||47 CFR, ICES-003 A, EN55022 A, CISPR22 A, AS/NZS 3548 A, VCCI V-3, CNS 13438, EN 300-386, EN 61000, EN 55024, CISPR 24, EN50082-1, TIA/EIA/IS-968, CS-03, ANSI T1.101, ITU-T G.823, G.824, IEEE 802.3, RTTE|
|Power consumption (typical)||40 W|
|Power source type||AC|
|AC input voltage||100 - 240 V|
|AC input frequency||47 - 63 Hz|
|Input current||1.5 A|
|Operating temperature (T-T)||0 - 40 °C|
|Storage temperature (T-T)||-40 - 70 °C|
|Operating relative humidity (H-H)||10 - 85%|
|Storage relative humidity (H-H)||5 - 95%|
|Operating altitude||0 - 3000 m|
|Non-operating altitude||0 - 4570 m|
Not found what you wanted?
Flux IT hardware can help you find the right product quickly and easily. Tell us what you wanted?
Need project equipment purchase pricing or you have multiple items to buy, submit your RFQ.
Why buy from us?
Flux is the future of IT procurement:
- Huge stock of current and EOL products available to ship today
- Fully tested with a choice of warranties available for peace of mind purchasing
- Trade you old equipment for new
- Located close to central London for same day emergency deliveries
- Choice of warranties to meet your requirements
- Short lead time and worldwide deliveries
Looking to Sell a CISCO2901/K9?
Flux IT Hardware offers IT Asset Disposition services designed to assist consumers and organizations alike, who are looking to sell their equipment.
- Get a fair market value offer.
- Fast payments via BACS.
- Single or multiple quantities.
See how simple it is:
Looking to buy CISCO2901/K9 in larger quantity?
Simply tells us how many units are required. We’ll you get the best pricing and lead time for 5 or more units of CISCO2901/K9 from our established UK and European network of suppliers.
Project Inquiry & Support
- Get a quote fast
- Project based price savings
- Professional service