Buy or Rent Cisco Hardware?
Are you a network manager with a project that will last less than a year or just a couple of months? You may want to consider a short-term rental of Cisco hardware instead of a purchase or a lease. What are the benefits of renting Cisco equipment over a lease you ask? The biggest benefit of renting Cisco hardware, compared to leasing Cisco hardware is the period of use. In terms of time, a rental period is for the use of equipment for 1-year or less and a Lease is anything longer than a year. Unlike a Purchase, the other benefit from renting Cisco and Leasing comes from using the equipment not from ownership, no depression of value.
Cisco authorised reseller will not typically offer Rentals. The main reason is Cisco are only interested in the sale of new equipment, not reselling refurbished or returned hardware.
ON THE OTHER HAND, Flux IT Hardware business model is of purchasing back and reselling Pre-owned Cisco equipment. Hence makes us a good resource for supplying Cisco and other network hardware for periods of less than 1 to 12 months.
Reasons to rent:
- Data Centre Moves
- Disaster Recovery
- Software Testing
- Software Migration
- Peak usage / Peak Season
Benefits of renting Cisco:
- Savings of 75 to 95% vs. purchasing the equipment outright
- Flexibility - This can include paying month to month, extending the rental on a month to month basis, and purchasing the equipment outright at the end of the rental period with a credit of the rental payments towards the purchase price.
- Ease of Management Approval – It may be easier to get funds approved from an operating budget vs. a Capital budget.
- Compatibility – You may prefer to use previous generation equipment that is already a part of your network and that you are familiar with vs. acquiring the manufacture’s latest release.
- Speed – If have a tight deadline, rental hardware can be shipped from Flux-IT Hardware within days of order.
Why rent from Flux IT?
- Have the ability to extend rental on a month to month basis
- Try and Buy option, in case you decide to keep it
- Standard warranty during the rental period
- Gold swop out warranty, option available
- Monthly billing
- Packing/shipping assistance for rental return
How do I rent my Cisco hardware?