CP-8821-K9 Cisco 8821 IP phone Wireless Mobile
The Cisco© Wireless IP Phone 8821 is a ruggedized, resilient, and secure 802.11 wireless LAN handset that delivers cost-effective, on-premises, comprehensive voice over wireless LAN (VoWLAN) communications for the highly mobile in-campus worker.
The 8821 is specifically designed for workers whose roles are in more rigorous, industrial settings. Examples of ideal use cases include nurses and doctors in healthcare, operations and engineering staff in manufacturing, customer service representatives in retail, service staff such as maids in hospitality, and workers on rigs in the oil and chemical industries.
While the 8821 is sleek and lightweight, the design is hardened for users. It is Ingress Protection standard (IP67) rated and is sealed for protection against dust, splash and water. The device is also MIL-STD-810G tested, with a dozen drops onto concrete from heights of up to 6 feet (1.8 m), to help ensure shock resistance and avoid breakage if dropped.
The 8821 enhances security and simplifies configuration management. Stronger encryption is supported for certificate management and policy enablement with the support of Secure Hash Algorithm 2 (SHA-2). Simple Certificate Enrollment Protocol (SCEP) eases IT administration by enabling automatic certificate management on the device.
End users will enjoy a larger, higher-resolution color display and a user experience that is common with Cisco IP Phone 8800 Series desk phones. In addition, roaming between access points within the campus will support more seamless voice communications with the 8821’s support of Fast Transition (802.11r). This protocol was specifically designed for mobile voice over IP (VoIP) communications devices within Wi-Fi networks. Bluetooth is supported for the user’s choice of third-party wireless headsets and adds freedom by untethering the user from the handset.
The 8821 supports Cisco and/or third-party XML applications such as push-to-talk.
The Cisco Wireless IP Phone 8821 is designed for users in rigorous workspaces as well as general office environments. It supports a wide range of features for enhanced voice communications, quality of service (QoS), and security. Some of the main benefits and highlights are listed here:
- IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac radio for VoWLAN communications support
- The large 2.4-inch (6 cm) color (240 x 320 pixels) display makes viewing easy
- IP67 rated for protection against dust, splash, and water
- MIL-STD-810G standard for shock resistance
- The phone offers exceptional voice quality with high-definition (HD) voice
- A built-in full-duplex speakerphone offers high-quality hands-free communications
- The phone supports third-party Bluetooth 3.0 headsets and a 3.5-mm headphone jack for added freedom
- The Applications key provides direct access to XML applications such as push-to-talk and Lone Worker
- Battery life delivers a minimum of 13 hours of talk time
- Enhanced encryption support for SHA-1 and SHA-2 signatures
- Fast, secure roaming using 802.11r and Cisco Centralized Key Management roaming
- Automatic certificate renewal – SCEP support
|Data transfer rate||54 Mbit/s|
|Colour of product||Black|
|Handset type||Wireless handset|
|Display diagonal||6.1 cm (2.4")|
|Display resolution||240 x 320 pixels|
|Frequency band||2.412, 2.472, 5.180, 5.240, 5.260, 5.320, 5.500, 5.700, 5.745, 5.825 GHz|
|Call pick up||Yes|
|Quality of Service (QoS) support||Yes|
|Wi-Fi standards||802.11a,Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac),802.11b,802.11g,Wi-Fi 4 (802.11n)|
|Networking standards||IEEE 802.11a,IEEE 802.11ac,IEEE 802.11b,IEEE 802.11d,IEEE 802.11e,IEEE 802.11g,IEEE 802.11n,IEEE 802.11r|
|USB 2.0 ports quantity||1|
|Number of handles included||1 pc(s)|
|AC adapter input voltage||100 - 240 V|
|AC adapter output current||0.2 A|
|Power over Ethernet (PoE)||No|
|Input frequency||50 - 60 Hz|
|Operating temperature (T-T)||-10 - 50 °C|
|Operating relative humidity (H-H)||10 - 95%|
|Storage temperature (T-T)||-30 - 60 °C|
|Storage relative humidity (H-H)||10 - 95%|
|Certification||● 47 CFR Part 15 Class B|
● ICES-003 Class B
● EN 55022 Class B
● AS/NZS CISPR 22 Class B
● CISPR 22 Class B
● VCCI Class B
● EN 61000-3-2
● EN 61000-3-3
● KN 22 Class B
● EN 55024
● EN 50082-1
|Safety||UL 60950-1, CAN/CSA 60950-1, EN 60950-1, IEC 60950-1, AS/NZS 60950.1, IEC 60529 (IP 67)|
Not found what you wanted?
Flux IT hardware can help you find the right product quickly and easily. Tell us what you wanted?
Need project equipment purchase pricing or you have multiple items to buy, submit your RFQ.
Why buy from us?
Flux is the future of IT procurement:
- Huge stock of current and EOL products available to ship today
- Fully tested with a choice of warranties available for peace of mind purchasing
- Trade you old equipment for new
- Located close to central London for same day emergency deliveries
- Choice of warranties to meet your requirements
- Short lead time and worldwide deliveries
Looking to Sell a CP-8821-K9?
Flux IT Hardware offers IT Asset Disposition services designed to assist consumers and organizations alike, who are looking to sell their equipment.
- Get a fair market value offer.
- Fast payments via BACS.
- Single or multiple quantities.
See how simple it is:
Looking to buy CP-8821-K9 in larger quantity?
Simply tells us how many units are required. We’ll you get the best pricing and lead time for 5 or more units of CP-8821-K9 from our established UK and European network of suppliers.
Project Inquiry & Support
- Get a quote fast
- Project based price savings
- Professional service